TRACK ALL MICRO-ORGANISMS
IN JUST 3 MINUTES
SPEED THINGS UP
WITH ATP 2G!
Slurries are solutions of fine, insoluble mineral particles suspended in a solvent (most often water). Precipitated calcium carbonate slurries (milk of carbonate of lime) are used often in paper manufacturing (as a coating), the agro-food industry (as an additive), pharmacology (as a diluent), chemistry (as a component), etc. These slurries are generated by direct carbonatation of hydrated lime in an aqueous environment (milk of lime) followed by dehydration (to generate powdered solutions) or concentration (to generate spreadable pastes). As calcium carbonate is not harmful to humans, it can be ingested with no ill effects as long as it is completely free of micro-organisms. Other sensitive application may also require a supply of pure water, deionized water, water purified by reverse osmosis, etc.
Due to their composition and the exothermic reactions that occur during processing, slurries and the “white water” generated by the associated procedures favor the growth of micro-organisms. A high biological burden (of bacteria, fungi, protozoa, algae, etc.) can affect quality and even pose a health risk. To avoid the generation of harmful substances and to ensure that only good quality effluents are recycled, the quality of the water used in different procedures or finished products must be rigorously managed. Industries use preventive chemical treatments (biocidal agents) and have begun to use biological analyses to track microbial contamination. However, these analyses do not always account for the wide diversity of microbes that can proliferate in these specialized nutritional environments. Learn more
Rapid microbiological analysis using ATP 2G is an efficient, low-cost diagnostic tool that is easy to implement in an industrial setting and allows the user to:
• use a reliable biological indicator to track biological contamination of slurries and water-based systems in real time;
• quickly identify biological shifts, thereby increasing responsiveness in decision-making and the efficiency of any corrective measures taken;
• prevent quality and health problems; ;
• determine the precise dose of biocide needed for preventive or remedial treatments;
• optimize procedures both economically and ecologically.
aqua-tools Rapid Microbial Solutions recommends the QG21I™ rapid microbiological analysis kit for:
• Measuring the total biomass of slurries and process water;
• Continuous monitoring of the microbiological quality of water throughout a system (storage, production, recycling, etc.), creating a microbiological map if necessary;
• Optimizing cleaning and disinfection of supply lines and reservoirs to verify the efficacy of biocidal treatment (chemical/ecological) or determine the optimal dose needed.
• QGA™ for analyzing clean water or water with very little suspended matter.
• Other slurries: mineral pigments, limestone, kaolin, barite, clay, talc, silica, coal, lime, gypsum, plaster, abrasive slurries, etc.
• Industries that produce slurries: mineral chemistry, rock/mineral extraction.
• Industries that use slurries: paper manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food and farming, public works, materials (glass, porcelain, plastic, cardboard packaging), plaster, glue, paint, etc.